Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Digital Station Expansion Module DS30 not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexer

Programmer
Jun 13, 2006
VE
Hi, I was installing a new Digital Station Expansion Module DS30 in an I Office version 10.1.0.4.0 Compilación 7, When I installed expansion module worked and I tried a digital phone and I could made calls , but after a few minutes the module AC adapter failed and the module power off, then I changed the AC adapter and the module power on butI It doesn't work, The DS30 module status led blinks in green but The module doesn't synchronize, I'm using the DTE port on the module to see what happen, the module sends errors and go to the prompt "Hello>", This is the capture of the module DTE port when It starts:

DCP(16/30) V2 Loader 1.6
LOOPTEST
Kernel Started
Constructor Heap 0 Main Heap 763576
Free Memory before starting Console 585508
Free Memory now 583308
FPGA Version 0x01
Detect Mapper chip
MTSS
Mapper OK
Generate tone arrays, ALAW=1 LOCALE=esv
Generating DTMF array, 1070ms
Tones::Issued an os_schedule 8527ms
Generating Misc array, 15062ms
Done, 18773ms
SetSystemLocale: esv, 2
DCP Expansion PCB found
HATRIC ptrs 1CDACC 1CCD44 1CBFBC 1CBC24
MAKEBUNDLE size=30 id=6.0

<DCP V2 Manager Version 0.12>
FreeMem=310864(2) Buff=1 320 368 0
19411 ms, HATRIC=0 HATRIC_INTVL=0 SCC_TICK=1 SCC_INTVL=2 SCC_INTS=0
Hello>LEDTICK::Slip Error at 19899 ms

Error
FreeMem=310688(1) Buff=1 320 370 0
23646 ms, HATRIC=4 HATRIC_INTVL=3 SCC_TICK=1 SCC_INTVL=18902 SCC_INTS=0
Hello>

If enter "help" at the prompt "Hello>" shows the following:

Hello>help
EDIT - Edit Byte memory
EDITW - Edit Word memory
EDITL - Edit Long memory
POKEW - POKE Word into memory
TIME - The time
LED1s - 1 second LED flash
PLLLM - Check PLL limits
Defmap- Load default map
assmap- assert current map
LclClk- Set clocking locally
RemClk- Set clocking from TDM link
SCCd - Dump Slave SCC BDs
Hatric- Dump Hatric registers
Abort - Jump to boot sector to reboot
Abortw- Use watchdog to reboot
opdcp - Send packet to DCP1
port1 - Send pattern over port1
regtst- Hatric1 r/w reg test
newloader- Upgrade the loader
fpga - FPAGA version Number
flashleds- Flash the LEDs
ledson- Turn on all of the LEDs
ledsoff- Restore all of the LEDs
resetchannel - Reset the channel of the specified hatric
swversion- Software version

If I enter "swversion" the module shows that was updated with Ip Office version: 10.1.0.4.0 build 7:
Hello>swversion
10.1.0.4.0 build 7

Please anyideas? How can I do for reseting the module and reload the software? I tried to enter AT (AT-X) commands but aren't accepted

I have some quick notes for getting into the module to delete the firmware (AT-X):
Open putty use 38400,8,N,1 and type
Then reboot expansion unit and press the ESC button quickly several times, you should notice that the boot process stops short of what it usually does,
type AT press OK,
type AT-X press OK the expansion unit will reboot and ask IP Office for the binary file

I will say that those things have a rather high failure rate (in my opinion). Any time I see something like a power outage or the AC power failed I assume not only the previous module is bad but also it could of taken out the expansion port in the IPO as well. You could also try starting from scratch on an unused expansion port on the IPO just to rule out the previous port being bad as well.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Oh and you are using the provided shielded cable correct?

Thanks for your answers critchey, yes I'm using the provided shielded cable.
When I use AT-X command binary file for the expansion unit will download from the IP Office? not from Manager via TFTP?

You may want to reboot the IPO before you get to far down a rabbit hole. If it is blinking green the firmware is okay. It may turn orange after the reboot as it automatically upgrades.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I've rebooted Ip office and DS30 several times, but the DS30 never synchronize, the DS30 always stay blinking green

I entered the "AT-X" command, the DS30 led now is red fixed and the module send the message:
TFTP Poll Sent
TFTP Poll Sent

the DS30 the binary file will be downloaded it from IP Office or from IP Office Manager? because the DS30 sends message "TFTP Poll Sent", I remember that I erased a IP Office main Unit and I have to open the IP Office Manager in a PC for the software to be downloaded.

At this point I would try plugging it into one of the other expansion ports. Since it was blinking green before and now it is red you may have tanked it as it gets the firmware from the IPO and if the IPO doesn't see it it can't load the firmware.

That is why I said 'If it is blinking green the firmware is okay.'

As myself and budbyrd have pointed out you really need to try another expansion port to rule that out. As I said before they fail far more often then people expect.

Thanks, So as I entered the "AT-X" command, now the DS30 is blank (red led indicates waiting for firmware), then I put DS30 in another Ip Office port and the DS30 firmware will download automatically from the main module of the Ip Office (It doesn't require that the Ip office manager software to be opened for TFTP passing the software from Manager PC to DS30 module?)

Now because I erase the DS30 using "AT-X" command, I'm trying to upload the BIN file to the DS30 module, for doing that I set up the Ip Office Manager (version 10.1(67)) for TFTP transfer bin file to DS30 module, The TFTP Log shows the DS30 bin file request, the following image shows TFTP log window:
TFTPLog_meyipp.jpg

And using the DTE port of the I see that the DS30 sends bin request:

TFTP Poll Sent
TFTP Poll Sent

But bin file "nadcpV2.bin" never uploads (the led in DS30 is always in red), the nadcpV2.bin file is in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\

The Ip office Ip address is: 192.168.1.17

This the Ip Office manager configuration:
Manager1_xjnxdi.jpg

Manager2_xd8jid.jpg

Please any ideas?

It has been a while since I had to do this, so my memory is a bit hazy, but I was fairly sure that you could serve the firmware to expansion modules directly from the IPO SD card and did not need to use manager (dont need to use manager anymore, this was a requirement on IP 500 V1 and IP400 units). How is the Phone File Server Type setup in manager?

I tried Phone File Server Type: "Manager" and "Memory Card" but DS30 keeps the led in fixed red.

Is this a new module? If it is you could try manually adding it to the config.

You can try to push the bin with Manager Upgrade Wizard just run the same release it will force update firmware.
Also you can try unplugging for a few minutes then power up module with out the IPO till it's done booting (Solid Green LED), then power up IPO.

IP Office Emergency Recover Engineer

The DTE port on expansion modules is the route of last resort & should never be reuired!
in 20+ years of working on IP Office (& network alchemy before that) I have NEVER had to use the DTE port on an expansion module on a customer system (I have broken & recovered a couple in the lab but that was deliberate!)

if you have a falshing green light (green & off) thne the module is not synched with the IPO

IP Office only checks for expansion modules on power up so in this situation the 1st corse of action is to simply reboote the IP Office

there are a number of scenarios that can cause an expansion module to enter a reboot cycle (reg & green light), the most common of which is connectng an incorect device to one of the elephony ports (most often a PC network card)
the solution in those cases is to disconnect all leads untill the offendng one is located.

DO NOT USE the DTE port on expansion modules!

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

IPGuru is 1000 times correct. I was troubleshooting this exact issue like 2 hours ago and found this thread. I was able to figure it out on my own before getting to Guru's post, but I'm just backing up his comment. The client in my situation had their network switch plugged into one of the ports, I only noticed that was the case because I was unplugging all of the cables from the module to roll out an issue like that. Once that cable was removed, it was good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back