Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New/current users seeing my IE history !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockstock2SB

Technical User
Oct 29, 2001
GB
Hi All

Our 2003 PS4 servers are starting to act strangely. When i create a new user, when you open IE you can see the history from my old (deleted) profile. Some other current users have also told us they see them !

They have roaming profiles and they retain all their settings. Why would IE suddenly decide to give new users etc my old history !? How do i stop it ? It looks like its picking it up from the server somewhere but i cant find where ?

I was thinking about applying a reg entry in the usrlogon.cmd to remove the history but thats just masking the issue...

Any ideas ? :)

Cheers

Steve

Was it possible you were in, install mode while you were using the internet?

Joe / NYC
Citrix CCA XP
Citrix CCEA 3.0
MCP NT
MCSE 2K3
70-270 - Passed
70-290 - Passed
70-291 - Passed
70-299 - Passed
70-294 - Passed
70-298 - Passed
70-293 - Passed

Hi Joe,

I think i may have solved it. Previously IE was running ok with no weird history issues, and all new apps were installed properly in install mode. As a last ditch attempt to solve the problem i deleted all trace of my profile from both servers in the farm, and deleted it from the domain also. That seems to have fixed the problem.

I also tried clearing the TypedUrls keys from HKCU and HU.. and that fixes the problem temporarily - but i think in order to get a better result all users must be logged off the server, as if there are IE sessions open when you clear the registry entries i think it writes them back...

Either way deleting the profile completely appears to have fixed the problem. Can't explain how the hell the history started to appear on other users sessions... nothing changed !?

Thanks for your reply :)

Cheers

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back