Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Crystal Certifications? 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdreed35

Programmer
Mar 2, 2003
US
I found this on the new BO/CD website.
There seems to be 2 certifications available:

CRCP - Crystal Reports Certified Professional
CECP - Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional

Has anyone heard any information on these like cost and length of time? Has the ACE been eliminated or renamed?

~Brian

So far for Report Design for Crystal Reports 10 this is the information that I have. Sometime in the next week or two BO will post the course outlines for the new classes.

Crystal will offer the following for Crystal Report 10 :

Report Design 1 - Fundamentals of Report Design (Instructor Led) $1000.00

Report Design 2 - Business Reporting Solutions (Instructor Led) $1000.00

Report Design 3 - Report Processing Strategies (Instructor Led/eLearning) $625.00/$325.00

Report Design 4 - Optimizing Report Data (Instructor Led) $480.00

Crystal Reports 10 - Applying Report Design Methodology and Expertise. $2250.00

For the CRCP - Crystal Reports Certified Professional certification there will be exams to take at Level 1, 2, 3 and some electives. The course-prices will probably be bundled together with the exam prices if you are on the Certification path.

The CECP - Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional certification should be available in a few weeks.

Thanks for the information MJRBIM.

~Brian

To add a little more detail to MJRBIM's post:[ol][li]CR10: Report Design I - Fundamentals of Report Design

Code: RD200US
Type: Instructor Led Course
Units: 0
Price: $ 1,000.00

Description:

This two-day instructor-led course is designed to give learners comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge to plan and create reports that will help them analyze and interpret important information. The Crystal Reports 10: The Fundamentals of Report Design course is a core course in the Crystal Reports Certified Professional (CRCP) certification and an elective course in the Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional (CECP) certification. This course is designed for report designers, new to Crystal Reports, who are responsible for creating and distributing reports. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176. [/li]

[li]CR10: Report Design II - Business Reporting Solutions

Code: RD201US

Description:

This two-day instructor-led course is designed to give learners comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge to plan and create reports that will help them analyze and interpret important information. The Crystal Reports 10: Report Design II – Business Reporting Solutions course is a core course in the Crystal Reports Certified Professional (CRCP) certification. This course is designed for report designers, who have taken CR10: Report Design I – Fundamentals of Report Design, responsible for creating & distributing reports. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176.[/li]

[li]CA10: Creating a Guided Analytical Report

Code: RD250US

Description:

This two-day instructor-led classroom course gives students the skills and knowledge required to create a guided analytic report using Crystal Analysis. The overall goal of the Crystal Analysis 10 – Creating a Guided Analytical Report course is to develop learners’ knowledge and skills on using Crystal Analysis to analyze multidimensional data and distributing Crystal Analysis reports using Crystal Enterprise. The Crystal Analysis 10: Creating a Guided Analytic Report course is an elective course in the Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional (CECP) certification. The target audiences for this course are business analysts and/or analytical report designers. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176.[/li]

[li]CR10: Report Design III - Report Processing Strategies

Code: RD300US
Price: $ 625.00

Description:

This one-day instructor-led course is designed to give learners comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge to plan and create reports that will help them analyze and interpret important information. The Crystal Reports 10: Report Design III – Report Processing Strategies course is a core course in the Crystal Reports Certified Professional (CRCP) certification. This course is designed for report designers, who have taken CR10: Report Design I – Fundamentals of Report Design and CR10: Report Design II – Business Reporting Solutions and who are responsible for creating and distributing reports. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176[/li]

[li]CR10: Applying Report Design Methodology and Expertise

Code: RD400US
Price: $ 2,250.00

Description:

This three-day instructor-led course is designed to give the learner comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge for planning and developing reports using a step-by-step development methodology. Learners will also apply the report design skills they have learned and practiced in prerequisite report design courses to several advanced report design scenarios. The Crystal Reports 10: Applying Report Design Methodology and Expertise course is a core course in the Crystal Reports Certified Professional (CRCP) certification. This course is designed for report designer consultants who are responsible for creating and distributing reports for their customers. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176.[/li][/ol]Per Business Objects (I called), there are five courses and three exams for the CECT - Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional certification. The courses are:[ol][li]CE10: Administering Users and Content

Code: SA200US

Description:

This 2-day instructor-led classroom course introduces system administrators to Crystal Enterprise, specifically Crystal Enterprise users, groups, and objects. It explains how to perform the tasks involved in supporting Crystal Enterprise users and groups so they can access the corporate data they need through Crystal Enterprise’s web portal. This corporate data can take the form of Crystal Report or Crystal Analysis files, program objects, object packages, and popular 3rd party objects such as Microsoft Word and Excel files, among others. These tasks are explained through instructor demonstration and hands-on activities. This course does not discuss maintaining Crystal Enterprise servers, which is taught in the Crystal Enterprise 10: Administering Servers course. The Crystal Enterprise 10: Administering Users and Content course is a core course in the Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional (CECP) certification. This course is designed for system administrators who are new to Crystal Enterprise and will be responsible for maintaining Crystal Enterprise users, groups, and objects for their organization. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176.[/li]

[li]CE10: Designing and Deploying a Solution (Windows)

Code: SA400US
Price: $ 1,500.00

Description:

This two-day instructor-led classroom course gives students the skills and knowledge required to design and deploy a Crystal Enterprise system. Through hands-on activities and instructor demonstration, learners will analyze customer requirements, and design architecture and a system management plans to meet the customer’s needs. Based on the design, learners will deploy the solution in a classroom environment. Learners will also learn how to migrate a deployment from one environment to another and how to upgrade an existing deployment. The Crystal Enterprise 10: Designing and Deploying a Solution course is a core course in the Crystal Enterprise Certified Professional (CECP) certification. The target audience for this course is Crystal Enterprise Administrators, Crystal Enterprise System Architects, and IT Managers. This course can be delivered at a client's site or in public training facilities. For more information, please call 1 (866) 665-4176.[/li]

[li]CR10: Report Design I - Fundamentals of Report Design (see above...)[/li]

[li]CE10: Administering Servers (no other information posted in the catalog)[/li]

[li]CE10: Building Business Views (new CE10 functionality, no other information in the catalog)[/li][/ol]You can't register for these classes yet as there is no schedule associated to them. I was able to 'express' interest, however, through a link in the catalog. You can access the learning catalog here:

I am LOST already... ;)

James Keep, A.C.E.
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

I found out today that each exam is 150 USD. You can opt out of each of the classes and just take the exams. One can obtain the 2 certifications for 450 USD each. Looks like it is set up more professionally than the ACE was.

~Brian

Hi All,

Crystal Reports certification exams are now out, although
the ACE still exist, this exam will provide the Crystal certification you might be looking for. I recently took exam 1 of 3 and passed and I am on my way towards being a CRCP.

I used examhints.com practice questions, they cost only £20, passed with a score of 75%, I hope this information is useful.

Raj

What is the passing score for CRCP exams 1,2, and 3? I saw where one of them was 70%.

The Pass for exam 1 is 65%, for exam 2 it's 75%. And I am not looking forward to exam 3.

According to MJRBIM in another post, he took the CRCP Exam 1 and he posted that the passing score was 70% for Exam 1.

~Brian

Yeah, I read that too. It was definitely 65% on my test (I got 68% and passed (so it wasn't 70%)). I suppose it doesn't really matter, whatever the pass mark, it is still a case of learning as much as possible before sitting the test.

That is good to know (65% rather than 70%). I am taking exam 1 tomorrow.

~Brian

Goodluck. Don't be alarmed when you've done the whole thing in 20 minutes.

The CRCP Exam (Level 1) pass mark is 65%

The CECP Exam (Level 1) pass mark is 70%

Passed the CRCP exam 1 today with an 87%. I can confirm that passing is 65% on that exam.

~Brian

Now that I have completed the CRCP process, I thought I should post my thoughts on the whole thing.

When I first heard about this certification, I felt that it should have been designed as a hands on exam rather than multpile choice questions. I guess I was afraid that the certification would lose any credibility it had gained if people were able to memorize test questions and obtain the certification without having any practical experience.

Now after the process, I have changed my opinion somewhat. I still feel that hands on report writing is still the true test, but I feel the exams were fairly well written so that you needed to be familiar with tool itself in order to answer some questions.

As far as the classes go, I think that an experienced developer could pass the first 2 exams without having to take a class. If you get a hold of the exam outline, and read through the help files to learn what you can, you should be able to pass them. Exam 3 is mostly new content so it may tough to find the material in the help files. If you have CE 10, you can use the help files in the BV Manager to help study for those questions. The other portion is the Applying Report Design Methodology and Expertise. This is a brand new class and I haven't found any of the content in the help files. The class is only offered Instructor led and it is like 2250 USD. I felt it was probably the best Crystal Reports class I have taken but a bit overpriced for 3 days of training.

I guess that is all I have for now.

~Brian

How many of you attended classes before sitting for the exam?

I have a question regarding CRCP and CECP exams. If I fail SACE400 exam, I need to wait 5 days before I can register to another SACE400 exam. My question is if there is a limited number of times that I can take that exam? I mean if I fail third time, can I still take another exam and so on...? Please let me know. Thanks.

Tim

I think you can take the tests as many times as you need to pass - just have to wait the 5 days between exam attempts.

That being said, I think you should review the thread on the new BO-XI exams. If you are certifying on CE-10, you will have to do ALL your exams over again for BO-XI.

You get no credit for exams already taken or certification obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back