Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new Contivity Nortel Client doesn't work anymore with DLink614+

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitu

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
FR
I have moving from a W2K computer running Contivity version 2-62.47 that works great to a new computer XP running Contivity version 4-15.14 thru the same ISP/ Bewan modem and a Dlink D614+ wifi router and it doesn't work anymore [sad] . "remote host not responding" when I try to open the VPN tunnel!

when I don't use DLink and connect directly to my ISP thru the modem on my new XP, it works fine.

it seems that this new version of Contivity doesn't like something in the Dlink Router but I really have no clue...
any idea [smarty] would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

fitu,

update the firmware on the D-link router. I have had several people with the same issue and once they update the firmware, problem solved. I think the issue lies with Fragmented packets, and only the latest firmware release supports this. Have also seen this with a few Linksys routers as well.

Hope this helps.

thanks much
this is exactly what i did (from R2.01 to R2.27) and it works fine without any of the tweakings I have read on the this forum. It could well be something different to the NAT traversal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back