Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Contacts Marked Private

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
Exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT4 sp6, Outlook 2000 on Win2K

User setup as Publishing Editor to boss' Contacts. Creates new contact but after Save cannot see it. On boss' system contact is visible and marked Private. Private checkbox not marked when contact is created by user. Any ideas?

did the boss check off the "Delegate can see my Private items" option? (Under Tools, Options, Delegates, Permissions)

Thanks Brontosaurus for the quick reply. Boss would prefer to keep his Private contacts that way. Is there any explanation as to why the newly created Contacts are marked Private even though the checkbox is not selected?

Ahh, I misunderstood your question. OK, ready for something really silly? Check the boss' Outlook under Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. Is the messages Sensitivity set to Private? Believe it or not, this also affects the creation of new Contacts....

Boss' preferences are set to Normal. Gave user permission to see Private items for the time being but still, everything she creates in his Contacts is marked Private.

Her preferences set to Normal as well.

Hmm...sorry I can't be of more help, this is strange behavior. If I think of anything, I'll post back...

Thanks Brontosaurus. I keep combing MS Support and forums but cannot find an answer. Your suggestions have been most helpful and have given me new direction. I will post here if/when I find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back