Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

paygirl123

Technical User
Jan 20, 2009
US
We need to buy new computers for our accounting staff and have GP 8.0. What operating systems are compatible with Microsoft Dynamics 8.0?

Looks like the system requirements are no longer online anywhere, as mainstream support for GP 8.0 ended almost a year ago. :-( (
GP 8.0 on Windows XP should be no problem. If I recall correctly, Vista is fine if you are on Service Pack 4a or higher for GP 8.0.

You might be able to get it to run on Windows 7, but I have not tested this. Unless you can find someone that has already done this successfully, you may want to do a test first before purchasing a lot of computers.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2010
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Looks like it is time to upgrade your Microsoft Dynamics GP system. Version 8.00 support finished a while back.

V9.0 support will finish January 2011.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back