Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Comptia Tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slycer

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
I just signed to take the Comptia A+ OS/Hardware Tests. But when I was signing up for them, I noticed that the only one that I could sign up for was the "Comptia A+ Linear OS/Hardware" tests. With the tests numbers being 220-301/220-302 vice 220-221/220-222. Did I just sign up for the wrong tests? Are are those in fact the same tests and more importantly, I can us the same materials I have to study for them?

Can you tell me if there is another new book I should buy for this upgrade? I have an ExamCram and one of the passport books from Myers.

Thank you,
TomR100

Books are slow coming to market. M. Meyers has a book out but it was written before the new exam went live so it is a shotgun approach to the new objectives. Tcat Houser has a new book coming out in March which will cover the 2003 objectives perfectly. trust me.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Well, I just took the N+ under the new exam format, and I frankly liked it more. The old adaptive one was a pain in my opinion. I like more questions as a test of my knowledge, and passed rather handily with a 846 out of 900 on the N+.

Uh, Network+ was never released in adaptive format.
Nice score. Congrats!

I meant A+ in the adaptive format...sigh...must read post before hitting submit. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back