Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Cisco 3750 Series switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my SE is getting me a demo next week. I'll post my thoughts when I'm done messing with it.

Have had bad experiences so far. Units conking out, high cpu util (on 4 switches!) with SNMP, 2950 (in same net) not experiencing this and theyre all managed by the same apps!? Anyone else experience anything similar?

Len

Nope, so far so good for us (to my knowledge)

BuckWeet

hopefully they are not running into the Cat 4006 syndrome , we have replaced literally dozens of supervisors in these things and reliability has been very poor compared to what you would expect with electronics nowadays .

Thats interesting, at my old work, I had 7 4006's that ran for years with no issues..

Is it a certain hardware version?

BuckWeet

Apparently a large number came thru with questionable SRAM with decreased life expectancies along with it . The newer CAT os's even now have a continual running test that runs test against the SRAM and if it sees a problem it will reload the switch and attempt to segment off the bad sram sectors and then it will run at reduced capacity until you get a chance to replace the supervisor .It posts amessage in the logg buffer to indicate a problem . So you know this has been a big problem if they put in tests to look for this . I believe the test are supported in version 6.4.8 and above .

Yikes to CatOS. Old EOF technology guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back