Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New circuit - new DID's to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwoj

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
US
hi all -

so we are dropping in a new local circuit into our CS1000 next week and they are providing some dummy DID's for us to place some test calls with. Once they provide these - what LD's and command do I need to do for us to use them (inbound and out).

Say they provide 469-365-8000 - how to I program our switch to accept those digits when called? Also - is there an easy way to test a call to go out this new circuit or is that pretty complicated?

thanks in advance!!

The outbound is pretty easy, just dial the ACOD to the route to access it. The inbound digits will either have to match your existing numbering plan or you will have to program an IDC table to get it to terminate at the correct extension.

thanks KCFLHRC! So the ACOD - where would I go to program that?

For the IDC - if I create a new entry say 8000 (LD 49) - do I just point that to an extension that rings a phone? I don't see any of my other DID numbers in the IDC table...are they built in the BARS?

The ACOD is the Access Code to the route, aka the new trunks. The IDC converts incoming digits to something else to match you numbering plan. If this is a new circuit do you have a new card to program this on? Is it T-1 or PRI? Lots of things to do to make this work.

Yes, you use IDC table in load 49 to point to an existing programmed extension in your system. There is no need to do any further programming for DID's. The system takes the received digits from the PRI and processes them. If you have an existing extension that matches the incoming digits, the call is sent to that extension. If you don't the system will search the IDC table. No entry there and it will route your call according to the Treatment table set up in load 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back