Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New CCNP exams prepare material 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnping

Technical User
Aug 3, 2003
CA
Hi! there,

I just passed ccna test and going on ccnp exams, however, as you know, cisco scheduled to publish their self-study material in sep, oct and dec seperatly, where can i find the self-study materials right now for the new exams ? Any suggestion is highly appreciated !!

Well, I am afraid I have some bad news. There isn't really anything out there for the latest and greatest. In my opinon, I think Cisco is purposely making it difficult to find self study materials to bolster there Certified Courses. If you can't finish by Sept 7th (the last day to register for the exams) you are going to have to look to a Training Provider that has the Authorized courseware or wait for the Cisco Press books, which may or may not come out this year.

Sorry

Lou Rossi
CCPrep.com

First, thanks a lot for your information. that's really a frustrated news.

I searched amazon bookstore, there is one book named "CCNP Self-Study (CCNP Preparation Library)" , writen by Ilsg Cisco, Catherine Paquet, Karen Webb, Diane Teare, Dan Farkas, Laura Chappell.
Publisher: Cisco Press; 3rd edition (February 25, 2003)

It claimed this package is for CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks, Building Cisco Remote Access Networks, and Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting, are Cisco authorized self-study learning tools.

who can offer any point of view for this book? thanks in advance. and may I take this book as the new CCNP self-study replacement for new test ? thanks for any suggestion!!

Best Regards,

ccnping

The CCNP Preparation Library is not in print anymore and it probably will be quite sometime before the revised edition comes out if it ever does. If you are able to find a copy of this book, it DOES NOT prepare you for the new exams. The new exams cover quite a bit of new material and you will NOT pass if you study with these books.

Sorry

Actually,

The revised set is supposed to come out this month, but that aside, the end result is that like anything else, you just have to keep at it...I got my CCNP/DP by using this
(I would have to say the 640-025 exam is a complete waste
of time, IMO). I like the fact that cisco is updating
the exams, but they should really step back and LOOK at
the entire picture of what they want a CCNx to know.

I understand they want the cert to remain valuable, but
given the current economic downturn (which is likely
to continue for a while), and the increase in outsource
work, it is very possible that technology may need to
take a breather, as most firms have deployed all the
hardware they need for at least a few years, so all
the emphasis on 'latest and greatest' may be what
does the industry in.

HI ,
I have passed 640-901 .. But I'm confused about the fact that , It did not upgrade my CCNA ... Forthat I need to take any 642 series of exams ..Is that true ?
Another thing , am I able to continue my CCNP with this BSCI ?Means If I take another three exams of 642 series , will it be a valid CCNP ?

Thanks

Parthasakha

Yes, you can mix this test with other new exams toward your ccnp certificate.

Only 642-8xx series CCNP exams will re-new your CCNA certification, but as the previous poster said, you can mix and match exams in a series to earn your CCNP.

p.s. Or passing any 350-xxx (CCIE written exam) will also renew your CCNA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back