Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New CCNP Exams -> New Cisco Press Books??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2001
US
Will the current CiscoPress books (the ones Published in Feb. 2003) be the official study guides for the new tests or will Cisco be releasing revised guides?

Thanks in advance for your time

SNG

A little more reading on my part found the answer:

Under the new guidelines, the four courses and exams are:
• Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) v.2.0 - 642-801 BSCI (Beta Exam #643-801)
• Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) v.2.0 - 642-811 BCMSN (Beta Exam #643-811)
• Building Cisco Remote Access Networks (BCRAN) v.2.0 - 642-821 BCRAN (Beta Exam #643-821)
• Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting (CIT) v.5.0 - 642-831 CIT (Beta Exam #643-831)

The existing CCNP courses will retire on July 7, 2003, and the exams will retire on August 7, 2003. Cisco Press will publish updated Exam Certification Guides for the new exams in September 2003.

Hopefully this helps someone else and I did not just waste a post....

I just bought the Certification Library, and will try to take as many exams before they expire as I can (mainly Switching and Routing), but the books still present a good base of knowledge.

Check the routing book - it may NOT have the IS-IS chapter in it. If it doesn't you should still be able to get it from the Cisco web site.
Also, with the CCNP certifications changing, Cisco have ADDED QoS, VPN and Wireless to the exams. Obviously these are not in the cert books currently - I hope they update them quickly for all those guys doing their CCNP after August.

ajcazz

Yeah, I actually downloaded IS-IS chapter before I even received the books. Gonna try and take switching and routing exam before August.

Is it allowed to take say 2 of the old exams and take the other 2 after August (i.e. the new ones)?

Can't find this anywhere on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back