Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New CCCv5 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatol75

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
PL
I install new system with IPO v2.1(27) and CCCv5.
I've installed CCC software on CCC server.
When I'm starting DeltaServer (on Internet Explorer I click Licence Info) any licenses aren't valid.
But in Manager's Licence tab all licences are valid.

Please anyone help me.
Any ideas?
Regards.

I may be wrong but I thought that CCC v5 could only be run on Version 3 software which is not on General Release yet.

I had the same problem today once i pointed the Delta Server to the SMDR file on the Network everything came into place. I already had Delta server running on my network on my OAK software machine so i just pointed to a network share

so

SMDR Log File Enabled = Tick
SMDR File name = Delta Server Path \\servername\folder\etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMDR Port Enabled
SMDR Port

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMDR Port will act as a client
Remote host IP Address for SMDR Client

Send Data every SMDR10 SMDR25 SMDR50 SMDR100 SMDR
Send Data at 00:0001:0002:0003:0004:0005:0006:0007:0008:0009:0010:0011:0012:0013:0014:0015:0016:0017:0018:0019:0020:0021:0022:0023:00

SMDR COM Port enabled
SMDR COM PORT
SMDR COM PORT Bits per second
Translate to Secure Logix

hope this works

The file is SMDR.CSV

But i have one Problem the CCC Reporting Service isn't in my services and i have installed everything. Any Idea's

REPORTING SERVICE
do you have IIS installed on the ccc server, without it you will not be given the option to install the reporting service

Yah i have installed this on

Windows 2003 Server Web Edition that is all it is able to do be a webServer

the options were there and i used the default install after the service wasn't there i choose modify and ticked everything

I'M installing this for a Demo Suit in London for Customers

I have installed IIS Admin Service too.
I installed CCCv4 few month ago and I hadn't problem with licences.
With CCCv5 I've problem and I can't resolve it.
IP Office's Licences are valid; in Delta Server all licences are inaccessibility (I've several licences).
Communication between IPO and Delta Server is correct because DS's (after inserted IPO's IP address) Comms window is my IPO's name.

Still no luck looked at IIS and it's running 100% i noticed that the website had stopped and i restarted it.

Now i get enter username and password and im using the administrator password for the PC

Page chucks up and error also there still is no CCC reporting service.

I'm gettng the same - everything is working fine on 2003 standard edition. CCV works fine, Delta server is fine - but when I go to reporting, it asks for a username/password. Within Delta server you need to enable the DB Archive - which I did, but the Reporting still isn't coming up. Sure it is something simple.......!

Hope you don't use a Small Office as this doesn't support CCC 5.

nope, a 406 on the latest build of V3 beta....

I have also the problem with the reportmodule, the application gives back the following error

"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."

I have solved most of the problems by reading a manual and also MTV support

On my first install i installed

PC Wallboard which was corret
PC Wallboard Server which was corret
PC wallboard Client this was in correct this should be unticked

This install caused the CCC reporting service not to show up at all in the services the Delta server worked straight away and found every thing needed

But the Reporting didn't work which gave me the page logon but wouldn't allow me to login

Second install default settings were choseen removing PC Wallboard Client and normal config from the tech file then i couldn't get any data from my IP office box.

So the CCC Delta Server running
also the CCC Reporting service Running

Collecting DATA solution was page 20 of Tech Bullentin 32

The Delta Server needs to be configured,
• Start the Delta Server application: Start/Programs/CCC/Delta Server
• Click on Comms in the Toolbar Pane.
• Select the required IP Office connection and click on the Apply button,
• The Server, Server Type and IP Address will show at the top of the screen. The Comms Status should show as 'Comms Restored'.
• Click on Archlver in the toolbar pane.
• Enter the SQL Server Name (i.e. the name of the PC hosting the database) and tick, the option Launch Archiver at Startup,
• Click on the connect button, The screen will remain blank.
• Click on the refresh button and the Archiver should be shown as connected. If the Archiver is not shown as connected, follow the steps below to achieve connection.
a. Close Delta Server
b. Open the Administrative Tools: StarVSettings/Cotitral Panel/ Administrative Tools,
c. Double click on the Services icon.
d. Right mouse click on CCC Delta Server and select Restart from the menu.
e. Close all the open windows,
f. Re-start the Delta Server application: Start/Prog rams/CCC/Delta Server.
g. Click on Archiver in the Toolbar Pane, AH the details should be completed and the Archiver shown as connected.
19. Close all programs and re-boot the PC.

Only Probelm now with CCC V5 Setup is the login

which i thought was the local Administrator Password

actually is the SQL MSDE PASSWORD

which is LOGIN SA = Default
and the password you gave it.

SO now i'm thinking it's an IIS issue because i can login to the Database Server Supervisor using

local = SQL INS ON THE NETWORK
sa = lOGIN
xxxxxxxx = password

hm. i'm stuck with an error of reporting service. when i try to connect to reporting it shows a page that informs me that there was an error 'Input string was not in a correct format.', source of error and stack trace. the problem is, i'm not an iis guru and just don't know where to start. if it was old good apache...

p.s. delta server and archiver seems to work in order. wallboards too. the only problem is in reporting.

K I got this working finally - after trying a million different things! The link from the CCC program group to the reporting takes you to a link of:-

http://[servername]/reporting - and this is where the authentication prompt comes

I changed the link to:-

and it goes right in! make sure any popup blocking software is disabled as an error comes up!

2 dwalin:

I have some trouble. If you already know how to eliminate it, please tell me. SOS!

I am sorry, I wanted to say that I have the same trouble.

Server Prerequisites Fixed both problem

This is only for installs on a windows 2003 Server Box

• Install ASP.NET if using a Windows 2003 Server

I had to change the authentication on the IIS to stop it coming up with the Username and password dialog box.

Administrative Tools>Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

Expand the server Web Sites>Default Web Site>Right Click>Properties>Directory Security>Authentication and Access Control

Un-tick Integrated Windows Authentication.

Click OK.

Now CCC Reporting is working ish

I need to learn how it works now

I solved problem a little.
I enter in browser:

http://[server name]/Reporting/reporter.aspx

and CCC Reporting runs.

but with default.aspx apppears error

I would try a repair because the only problem i had was the page would say couldn't be displayed and login failure.

which i sorted by my above fix

are you going start-programs-ccc-ccc reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back