Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New case, not sure where all the plugs go???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakkarotto

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
GB
I have bought a new Zorro ZTX case and have put a MSI K7T Turbo2 motherboard in.
I've built up a couple of PCs in the past but they have all been pretty much identical :-s
The problem is the plugs that are part of the case (IE power, reset, speakers etc). I can figure out those three plugs its the rest that are confusing, thay'r all labelled and all on single plug sets but the wires are grouped into 3 sets. They are labelled as follows:
{GND, DATA+1, DATA-1, VCC 1}, {GND, DATA+2, DATA-2, VCC 2}, {MIC BIAS, GND, L IN, L OUT, MIC IN, GND, R IN, R OUT).
There are some labels on the mobo too which are: ACPI_LED, GREEN_LED, SLEEP, KEY_L & PWR_LED. There are also some plugs next to it, I think the label for it is IrDA.

Please can you guys shed some light on it for.

Probably front panel USB and sound stuff that your board may or may not have.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Just to follow up
ACPI_LED, GREEN_LED, SLEEP, KEY_L & PWR_LED. There are also some plugs next to it, I think the label for it is IrDA. IrDA is for Infrared devices and ACPI is for Advanced Config Power Interface,(if your mainboard BIOS supports it) same goes for Sleep , keyboard, power, LEDs

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

verauxi
Firstly your case wires:
First group are for front USB connections and as your motherboard DOES HAVE a usb pin out header, these CAN BE connected (follow link for manual download for accurate diagram)
GND, DATA+1, DATA-1, VCC 1}, {GND, DATA+2, DATA-2, VCC 2
USB front panel

Second group of wires are for front panel audio:
Usually not connected but if you want this function you will need to check the motherboards manual for this pin out function and if it has, a pin out diagram.
MIC BIAS, GND, L IN, L OUT, MIC IN, GND, R IN, R OUT

This link will take you to the motherboards spec page where you can search for PDF manual.

Martin

Start by questioning and soon you will be answering.
So please take but remember to return and give when you can.

Thanx All,

unfortunately my mobo does not support these features so I will be looking to purchase a new mobo. Its about time I stepped up to a P4 anyway. I've got the PSU, its a start now just the mobo, processor, heatsink/fan and AGP card :-s

I'll keep a print out of these and save the link from Paparazi for then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back