Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New CallPilot 150/Mini install

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonetrbl911

Technical User
Sep 11, 2008
US
Installing a new CallPilot 150/Mini rls 3.1 and I am unable to connect/browse to it. Insert the feature cartridge, connect TCM cables to Port A and to Port B (not cross connected, I am planning on programming ahead of time), connect power cable and wait for LED 6 to turn on. LED 6 does not come on after 30 minutes.... Do I need to have a port cross connected before LED 6 comes on? I do not have a cross over cable connected. I know that I should try the serial connection next, however, do I need a port cross connected for initialization? or is this hosed?

You need to be x-connected to an MICS/CICS for the Call Pilot to come up.

"Adversity is Opportunity

I am connected to the serial port with my laptop and it is asking for Login: and Password: ?

Yep, you definately need to have ports cross connected to the/a Norstar for the LAN port (LED 6) to even light up so you can browse to it. So it appears that you can't program a CallPilot 150/Mini ahead of time unless you have a spare Norstar laying around. Great.....

All norstar voice mails (and most other system types too) look for digtal signal from the KSU as it is part of the boot process, otherwise it keeps rebooting in the background until it see's the KSU.
It needs info from the KSU such as DN length etc so it knows how it should work with what system.
There are some external 3rd party voice mails that can be programmed before hand, usualy analog type mails.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Will have to keep that in mind the next time we quote an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back