Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New box not booting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have built a new machine with a Soltek SL-75DRV4 motherboard and an AMD 2000+ cpu in a new case with a 350watt ps. I am using old ram from my previous box, pc2100ddr, as well as video card\sound card\nic. I have tried replacing video cards, using different hd's, switching ram around (2 sticks of 256mb) the 3 sockets (using either stick or both). I have also tried unhooking the cd-r and dvd. I have tested and used 2 different floppy drives, so I know they work.
Anyway, to the problem..
The machine turns on, lights go, fans start up, hard drives spin, floppy drive does self test, then nothing else. Nothing goes on the monitor. The monitor doesn't go off of suspend mode at all.
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Owen.

Clarification please.

How many hard drives do you have. Does it currently have an OS installed? Is your Hard Drives jumpers set to master (for your master hard drive) and slave if you have a slave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back