Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Biz-speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBones

Programmer
Aug 8, 2002
US
I'm listening to my company's first quarter 2020 kick off meeting, and heard something new. Apparently the purpose of the meeting is to get "all of the wood behind the arrow".

Uh, ok.

It may be this

The background seems an oft-used phrase in Sun Microsystems by the former CEO, "all the wood behind a single arrow" which means focus on a single product and be the best in it. If I had only one bullet or an arrow left to shoot, I better get it right, aim, and shoot the bull's eye!

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Sounds like a variation on "all the eggs in one basket".

Never heard it before but it does get to the point! [bigcheeks]

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Ugh, Jon... that response was enough to make me bolt!

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Someone's gonna get the shaft!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

We were told in a meeting today that we were 'going to put the discussion in the parking lot' I was sort of concerned as the only time I have been asked to 'take it to the parking lot' it ended in fisticuffs.

I guess it is the new 'we are going to table this discussion' since there wasn't a parking lot brawl after the meeting. [hammer]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I can see it. If the discussion is going to to lead to fisticuffs, yes, let's take it to the parking lot. [wink]

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back