Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Avaya Phone Models ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeGuru

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
The existing 9600/9500 models are old school design and tired looking.
Does anyone have information about any potential new designs?
Hey Avaya - how about more programmable buttons and a larger display ?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

You have the J129 coming to IPO which is like E129 so that's probably not what you're thinking of =)

Then you have the Vantage phones coming to Aura so I guess they'll find their way to IPO eventually.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://sales.avaya.com/en/general/gmi-avaya-vantage-[/url]

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

the E129 looks like my old early 90's phones I just tossed out.
Actually my 90's phone looked better. Had a built in answering machine that called you on your pager or cell to let you know you have messages.
DSC_0001.jpg

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

They'll end up buying and re-badging the generic looking SIP crap people run on FreePBX, like Snom and Yealink stuff. It would be Aastra but that's Mitel now so they wont do that :)

personally I like the 9500 and 9600 series phones

They're ok, not as nice looking as the Mitel 53xx series (more functional though) ,but they're the best Avaya has to offer :)

I agree the Mitel 5330 IP is a nice looking phone. Big display [thumbsup]

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

There are new models scheduled, I have seen pictures but nothing definitive, no time frame nor details, just pictures.
On the picture they looked nice.( So do I if I do some digital work on the picture [afro])

Since Avaya competes with Cisco, I think they need a phone that you can have a desktop background on. I like the 9611g, but the display size looks wimpy when next to a Cisco. The 9621 and 9641 are impractical to use.

The Vantage phones are supposed to be GA in January when the beta ends.
But considering they are SIP based the question is when/if the will find their way to IP Office, and the main question is what the price will be.

They look kinda cool though and since they're android based it opens up the possibility of custom apps.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Interesting to see this topic, as I have been discussing this with coworkers since I was given a 9608 for the home office recently... because I was still rocking a 5621.

The 9611 and 9641 on the floor at my feet couldnt get me to give up the 5621, and I dont think this 9608 will do it either.

That 5621 has a big backlit screen, 12 programmable buttons... and a YUGE difference is the Call Log. The 5621 shows me hunt group calls answered by other users as Missed on my phone.

Either way, we look forward to something more fancy that a SIP clone, give me some bright lights and make them blink while you're at it!

Been there, done that

The 5621 shows me hunt group calls answered by other users as Missed on my phone." - you can enable that through your configuration

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

since they are filing for bankruptcy, my guess is there is going to be a hod on anything not already in the works....

just calling it now, $800 USD without the wireless handset and camera options.

Sneak preview

Avaya_Latest_phone_1_oez3ga.jpg

Notice the display!!!!
TELEPHONE_zh6b1z.png

What a sleek design, definetely a Award winning design.

I know you Avaya guys are gonna hate me for this one, but I personally feel a phone design (at least looks wise) cannot beat the Nortel now Avaya 1100 series sets...why?

-color coded buttons and symbols for the buttons
-sleek handset
-superior ring tones
-Unique styling with different tones of color
-a footstand that breaks when you adjust it....oh wait, that's not a good one lol.

BUT with that said, the Avaya 9600 sets are my next favorite.

And you can't beat the girthy 8434, LOL.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Here is little more info on the Avaya Advantage. Not sure how credible the statement about IPO R11 is, but it would be nice.

Avaya Vantage is a new “all glass” desktop endpoint designed to function like a mobile device with a large (8-inch) capacitive touch-screen for access to business applications, phone features and contacts (no mechanical buttons). Vantage will run Avaya’s new Equinox client application and can embed Android-based business applications developed with Avaya’s Breeze Client SDK that are customized to suit particular industry verticals such as healthcare, hospitality or retail, or personalized according to specialized business or user requirements. (Avaya recently introduced Equinox as a single client app for desktop and mobile devices to replace multiple earlier client offers – Communicator, Flare, OneX and Scopia). Vantage will also support multimedia conferencing via an integrated video camera as Avaya Aura Conferencing (AAC) and the Scopia video conferencing solution merge to become part of the Equinox software. General availability for developers is planned for January 2017, with availability for customers deploying Equinox for Vantage expected in March 2017.
Compatibility and Pricing: Vantage will initially be compatible with the premises-based Avaya Aura 7 platform; cloud support is planned for the first half of 2017. Compatibility with Avaya IP Office 11.0 is also planned. List pricing is $449 with the integrated camera ($429 without a camera); options for cordless or corded handset kits are priced separately.

Been there, done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back