Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Audix Admin Simple Auto-Attendant Auto-Transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryckee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2013
US
I presume this should be relatively easy for longtime Audix Admins but being new to Audix (Former Octel and CallPilot Admin), I am looking for advice on setting up an Auto-Attendant to play a greeting to inform callers of a new number and then it will auto-transfer the caller to the new number after hearing the greeting. I also presume I would simply set the station cov path to immediately to go Audix after 1 ring. Any suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

This would be far simpler in a vector, if it is needed in from a station send the cover path to a vdn that points to this vector.

1. wait time 2 secs hearing ring back
2. Announcement(our number has changed to 01234567890 please hold and you will be automatically redirected)
3. route to 1234567890
4.stop

simple as that , just need to record your announcement the only fall back is if you don't have a val board in a G650 or virtual val in a G4XX gayeway.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Hi Monty - Thank you, that does look much cleaner. Can you refresh my memory ... that will work just fine using a TN750 Announcement Card, correct. This is on an old Definity G3 V12. Would you be able to provide me with the guide / guidance on recording the announcement ... its been several years? How do we know how much storage is open on the "single" card we have, how to create a new Annc Ext, etc.

list integrated" to find out how much spare space on board.

"list con all" find the location of your tn750

give a handset a cos "change cos" with console permissions .

"add announcement next" (make a note of the extn number this is your ann number you will put in the vector , ensure the type is integrated also set the board location(found in list con all)

look at "change features" set an announcement access code if not set.

from the handset with cos with console permissions dial the feature code you have set (you get dial tone)followed by the announcement number then #(dial tone again) press 1 followed by beep, say your peace press # .hang up

Test it is ok by dialing the announcement number from any phone, makes more sense to do it at the one you have recorded it at but im just making the point nothing special has to be done to listen to what you have done ( oh and i know this is obvious but god the amount of places that you ring and can hear some loud mouthed twonk in the background...my point find somewhere quite)

put that announcement in your vector. Done

Good luck

Done

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back