Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Acs R7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtele

Vendor
Dec 17, 2003
US
R7 Is now going to be a 509 Processor. WOOT

As well, the paging port is now a trunk port..no more contact closure. As well, a built in Serial port to do Administration on site...anybody want to guess at what Baud rate???

Uhhh, don't know.....They didn't say.....I was guessing around 2400. lol. In all reality, I would assume it would be around the same speed as the messaging

DId you like that they didnt expand the line and ext maximums? They are putting an ethernet port (for future use)in.

There is a contact closure port on the R7. It is line 5 on the 509 card.

Field Technician
Virginia Integrated Communications

Yes it does....I read the spec sheet wrong...any line can be used as a paging port...only the 5th line has a contact closure.

When do they ship ???

Not sure yet. They said mid to late june.

Darn, I can't wait. Thanks Furball8675309

Business Partners will be able to purchase from their distributors around July 6, 2004.
Also, the Partner Messaging Release 7 will be available to business partners around June 6, 2994.

Field Technician

Doh! I meant June 6, 2004. Didn't have my finger over to the right enough on the keyboard. :)

Field Technician

I have heard from my inside contacts that they are strongly considering expanding the ACS to a 2 cab system. They felt that there was no need to in the past because of the Legend but due to the popularity they are re-thinking it. Has anyone else heard anything about it?

A trusted source for years.

I've heard similar rumours. They also plan to increase the density of the ACS cards too. I don't think the Magix has much to worry about from the Partner (As much as I love the Partner as a system).
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back