Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New ACS R7 w/ Messaging R7 keeps turning on Message light on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman1969

Vendor
Feb 23, 2005
US
I have a new ACS R7 installation. System has main ACS and Partner Messaging R7. 8 phones with voicemail boxes on 3 phone. Ext 16, the conference phone that does not have voicemail, keeps having it's message light turn on. You can manually turn the light off with "feature 10?" but it comes on again sometime during the night. The system has 3 types of phones. MLS12, MLS 12d's,euro 18D's. I just upgrade the system from a partner II. Any thoughts on why the light keeps coming on?

Mark

There might be a guest mailbox pointed to extension 16.

I had this and thats what it was, the AA general mailbox 2 was pointed to extension 11, which forced the light to come on. Use the PC admin software and determin which is the owner of those mailboxes, or any other gohst mailbox that you may have on the system.

Follow up:

Just went to the customer site...

Yep the problem was in one of the general voicemails 9991? was set to ext 16.

Thanks for all you help.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back