Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 515 or Older PIX 520? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2007
US
We currently have a PIX 501 nice but we have much bigger line coming in that the 501 can process. The 501 can handle about 10 M/S sustained transfer. We have a 100 MG line coming and we transfer a lot of data so I am looking around for a faster firewall.

I have seen a number of rebuilt PIX 520 on eBay. They calm to have more throughput than the newer PIX515 and are much less expensive than a PIX525 or 535.

Comments? Advice? Should I stick to a new 515? Why, why not?

Thank you in advance

Sami

Well I am buying PIX 501 tomorrow from a guy for $300 since I am new to CISCO Firewall, I am just trying to learn this.

Data Sheet

Have you taken a look at the new ASA 5500 series platform? These are really sweet and IMHO are better that the PIX firewalls because of the many intergartion that can added. The Pix 520 is end of life and is locked in at OS 6.3(4) while the news pix's will do versions 7.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back