Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 515 IN, need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yates76

MIS
Nov 27, 2001
US
Quick question.

My 515 came in with IOS 6.0. A contractor hlping me out wants to downgrade to 5.5 because it is more stable. Is this a good idea? I would think 6.0 would be more stable. What do y'all think?

Thanks!

Hey,

Uh, yeah, I agree. I did some research, found my serial number SHOULD be okay hardware wise, and found that Cisco does not have any IOS's for download that our contractor wants to go to.

I fear for my PIX. I really, really do.

Anyway, the really smart and longsighted purchasers didn't get the service contract to go with it. I bow to the unstoppable force. Idiots.

Regardless, what is the first thing I should do? Besides, of course, read the online documentation? Isn't there a PIX for Idiots book out there?

Thanks all!

Don't forget to add this command

sysopt noproxyarp inside

PIX version 6.0 will have a habit of stopping internal communications without it. Other than that, it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back