Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 2003 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

hande

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
GB

Need to install windows 2003 server for a small office enviroment max 20 pcs (three servers). How do I do it?

I am used to Windows nt enviroments and have used exchange 5.5 and sql 7

Now they want me to install a new office with all 2003 /sql 2000 software

Looking at the software it looks very much the same but is it?

What sort of Ip range should I use how do I setup the dns for ad?

Thanks in advance

Hande

Sounds like you are wanting to setup a AD infrastructure, better do your homework, are you creating from scratch or migrating

I am starting from scratch. one other thing can you have two sql servers running on the same network with one replicating with the other

Thanks

Thanks SilviaS

However whats the best install for AD / Exchange 2003 Server

I am aware that u need to install the patches on the O/S first then run the Prep tools after that?

How do you create distribution groups etc and also in 5.5 you have Internet Mail Connector where is this in 2003 Server? how do you configure the external mail servers which relay the inbound & outbound mail to you

Many Thanks again

Hande

I will did out some useful links i used, we get back intouch

Hi,
I too am in the middle of a rollout and just setup a "simple" 2003 AD enviroment with 70 users (NT4 migration). I then patched the server with SP1 and took the Exchange 2003 default install. Distribution groups (GAL) were created automatically from AD but you can also create your own fairly easily within ESM. Public folders/calendars/contact lists can then be created in Outlook.

Good luck
G

At present i am trying to consolidate 40 sites 40DC's and 61 5.5 exchange boxes, Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back