Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEVER used - get all possible info by ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal21

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
IT
For example by ip:

Indirizzo IPv4: 192.168.1.142
Server DNS IPv4: 192.168.1.254

tks.

for example:
put in IP 192.168.1.142

click on IP LOOKUP

and click on "Show more IP details"

Get all info.

I dont know if is possible via API or... to have the same result.

I need retrieve this info with VB6

This is IP geolocation, and nothing to do with VB, the Windows API, or even the IP stack.

It is also worth pointing out that the address you mention, 192.168.1.142, is a private IP address, so you won't be getting any geolocation about that IP address (what your linked site is doing is recognising this is a private, internal address, and then giving you geolocation info regarding the public address you happen to be making the query from (and thus normally related to a point of presence of your ISP, or your VPN location)

What you can do is use a service such as WhatIsMyIP to get your public IP address, and then use one of the geolocation services to get more detail (with the understanding that it may not always be accurate or up to date). These services generally cost money. I am not aware of a free provider, although that doesn't mean they do not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back