Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Never prompted for drive remap on new XPa install..how can I now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilPeppard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2002
US
I'm adding a 3rd server to our farm. I put the XPa, FR2 disk in and it went straight to components. I never saw the drive remap option. Is there a way to remap the drives after I've installed XPa FR2?

Thanks!

SHould be on the same CD! I'll look when I get into the office tomorrow but it is possible... I was taught to Remap FIRST before install~ You may want to wait and re install again~ before rolling this server into production. I'll get back to ya...

Brandon

The remap drives option comes later in the install process. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

The drive remapping is taken out of the install routine in FR2, its a separate program on the root of the cd. Run this before the XP install

Best regards
Morten Starvik
Egroup Online
Norway Best Regards
Morten Stårvik
morten.starvik@egroup.no
Egroup Online

What is the program called that I am to run first? I tried uninstalling XPa to start the process over and I ended up blowing up the server so now I have to rebuild it.

I don't want a repeat performance, so any instruction on how to map first and what to use would be great. I want my C drive to be M, my D drive to be N and my CDROM to be O, just like on my other 2 servers.

Thanks again for the help.

The program you are lokking for is DriveRemap.exe, and is found on the root of the FR2 CD. Read CTX950520 for more instructions on how to use it, it's pretty simple. Just make sure you do the remap before the XP install Best Regards
Morten Stårvik
morten.starvik@egroup.no
Egroup Online

I cannot seem to find "CTX950520". Can anyone give me a link to it, please?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back