Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Never dial a connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vero99

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
BE
A client of mine still has a regular dial-up connection (isdn line) on a Windows Xp professional machine with sp 1. Whenever she wants to connect to server she gets "cannot find server". When I check the dialup setting, it says "Never dial a connection", when I change this to "dial default connection", press apply and exit the screen, when I return to this screen, the option "Never dial a connection" is again selected. So, windows xp doesn't seem to remember this setting.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance!

Cheers

Vero99

I've seen this happen in other areas where users were not administrators. It appeared that the settings had changed but when you went back in, they had in fact not.
My first guess would be admin rights. It is likely to be user specific (being IE), but you may find changing this as an admin could filter to "all users".

See if there is any help in these?

XP resets IE to "Never dial a connection"
thread779-818617

Dial up settings keep resetting.
thread779-918643

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back