Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

networking 2 magix with 100DCD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebb

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
US
I'm networking 2 merlin magix systems together over fiber using media converters (T-1 to F/O) so I can use the same messaging card. I'm all set with CO lines into both sites for 911 etc... and have the 100DCD cards at both sites. I haven't worked much with the 100DCD cards and I can't find any documentation. I know someone can help. Thanks....

1) You need to have a 1.5 or higher release level of Magix processor to take advantage of the built-in CSU/DSU. If you have any Legend or a 1.0 Magix, this board is simply a 100D to the Merlin.
2) If you are using all 23 b-channels for voice, all you need to do is activate the CSU. This is accomplished by going to page 3 under Lines and Trunks in Sys Programming. CSU/DSU > Slot number > Activate CSU > Activate
3) If you are using fewer than 23 b-channels then simply remove them from the CSU by going to
CSU/DSU > Slot number > Channel Sel > Enter channel number and select remove.

Jebb,

can you give me info on the Fiber converters?

ghostin(@)omnicommunications(dot)net

I'm using a pair of Transition Networks SSDTF1015-105 T1/E1 to Fiber Converters on a 24 mile singlemode duplex fiber. VERY small and simple to use, only a few DIP switches to set. I got them from a local electrical/comm supply house for under $1000 each. You just need to know the type of fiber (singlemode or multimode) and distance. I'm also using a pair of Allied Telesyn media converters to send 100M Ethernet over fiber too. Allied probably makes a T1 converter also.

Any questions just let me know....
Jeb

I am trying to remove channels 1-12 so I can use them for Data. It won't let me remove the channels. When I inspect them, it comes up with all channels as S

After you remove the channels you have to add them in under the DSU portion. After you add them in, when you inspect, you'll see an R next to them.

KILLBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back