Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker User on an NT client

Status
Not open for further replies.

COTLG

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
US
Whenever I try to open up the Networker User on an NT client, I get "No networker servers can be found."

Can someone help?

There is a couple of thing to do here.
First right click on the NSR user icon and go to properties.
In the target field at the very end put in -s then the server host name.
Second edit \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and enter the I/P address of your host server followed by its full name then any alias names for it ending with nsrhost. IE.
123.123.12.1 myserver.company.com myserver nsrhost

This is nothing special. NW would even accept an IP address.
This is nothing else than what the OS would do by itselv.
So you can use any name. Another name (nsrhost) is just
causing confusion.

Interestly, I'm having the same problem along with the Networker Administrator. Whenever I try to run the NWAdmin from my Windows workstation I get the following message:
&quot;Server <servername>: Unable to receive.&quot;

I can however successfully run NWAdmin from an X session though.

I have not solved this yet, but I'd guess the cause is very similiar.

Make sure that the name resolution is perfect from all sites. If this does not work, try to use the ip address
instead of the name. You may also want to restart the
daemons on both machines.

In general, i wish you guys would at least start the operating system and the NetWorker version. Sigh !

My apologies - this is Networker 6.1.2, Build 340 running on Solaris 5.8. I'm attempting to run the NWAdmin on Windows 2000 Professional.

I am able to resolve both forward and reverse in DNS and the IP address does not work either. I have restarting the daemons and still no success.

Well, another problem might be that you are not listed on the server's administrators list. This would explain, why
you cannot establish a connection from windows but via an
X session. However, if this will work, then this is the
wrong error message.

Thanks Serbtastic. It worked. Sorry for my delayed reply. I've been off work for some time now.

Try to ping your networker server from the client, and if you can't, add the server in the host file of the client.

Hope this help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back