Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker requesting for wrong pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

demola

MIS
Aug 1, 2001
US
I run a a networker 6.0.1 on a solaris server.

I have been having problems backin up some NT machines on the network.
The backup waits at the index save, requesting for tapes from the default pool.

My none of my pools are restricted to save levels.

Does anyone have a solution?

It's probably trying to write the index and bootstrap to the default pool. Try taking out the entries for savesets in pool and group. They are not needed here since they are configured in the clients section. I had the same problem too, and this fixed it.

...Frd

I do not have any entries for savesets in the groups or the pools.

You have a bad configuration somewhere in there so Networker is just trying to do what it is supposed to do when it can't figure it out and save to Default.

You may want explicitly write index and bootstrap in the Save Sets box of the pool properties to which you want it to write. It's hard to tell, though, without knowing your setup.

I noticed that the servers backup properly when manually started from group control but when backup starts automatically I get the default pool mesage.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back