Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker on AIX higher than 6.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapter11

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
US
I've been running Networker 6.0.3 on AIX 4.3.3 ML09 for a very long time.

When 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 were available, I tried them out, and they appeared to have a horribly memory leak issue that forced me to downgrade back to 6.0.3. I've held off upgrading again since.

Now we have a problem with 6.0.3 that is supposed to have been fixed in 6.1.2. I also got word from Legato that 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 did have known issues on AIX, and that those problems were fixed in 6.1.2.

I just upgraded to 6.1.2, and the thing went insane and nearly brought the machine down. I'm going back to 6.0.3 as I write this.

Does *anyone* have Networker running a version later than 6.0.3 on AIX?

We've been running Legato Networker 6.1.3 under AIX 4.3.3.9 for several weeks. It seems quite stable. It even seems to have fixed our problem with the recyled tapes not being marked recycled. Also, our hangs on cloning seems to have stopped as well. We have a Qualstart TLS-6460 with four DLT 7000 drives attached to a 7025-F50.

I have been running 6.1.2 on a M-80 using AIX 4.3.3 for a few months. I haven't had any major problems.

Hi,
I am running Legato Networker 6.1.3 on AIX 5.1
This installation runs very well.

/Cia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back