Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker Jukebox Error's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkro

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
DE
Hello,
I've recently been blessed with a StorageTek L180, and a new backup server to go along with it. The backup server is running Legato Networker 6.0.2 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. The problem that I am having is that when I deposit tapes from the CAP, Networker spits back an error

"NetWorker media: (alert) Jukebox `******' failed Deposited * cartridge(s), import ports are empty"

Though it deposits the media fine, I assume this is a problem with nsrjb or one of it's associated processes. Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Hi,
we have a STK L180 library wih NetWorker 6.1.1 at Windows2000 Server and the deposit option works fine without error messages.

Hi

I haven't seen any problem like that but can give you some hints on working with those silos (I've got 9710)

Never issue commands straight from acsls software since Legato gets screwed up very easily when not synchronized.
(OK OK, that's unless you're a cowboy!)

The easiest way to know in which direction the problem is, is to do a jbconfig again. First write down all your volume labels, because you'll have to add them all again.

Luckily, when adding volumes and their labels are consecutive you (say labels is A0000, A0001 and A0002) can first add A and then 0000-0002.

Usually when we deposit tapes we do it from the acsls and then just mark them under volumes as off-site.

Hope this helps..

George

Contact Legato and ask support for any issues with this.... i have seen it and verified it...

This is not so much an error, as it is Legato reporting a normal situation as an error.
What happens is that the tape is deposited normally, and no message is issued. Then the CAP is checked again and no cartridge is found. Instead of just ending the deposit there, Legato reports that the CAP is empty and the deposit failed, then ends the deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back