Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

networker daemons shutdown after some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davon

MIS
May 23, 2002
US
pls help, urgent!!!!

i just upgraded networker server from 5.5.1 to 5.5.3 on aix 4.3 server. as soon as i start netwroker, the daemons start but after 2 minutes they all die and i loose connection with the server in nwadmin. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

my friend, my only very good advise for you is stay away from version 5. don't waste your time. you should have upgraded it to version 6.1.1. even this latest version has some bugs. legato is working on "RFE" as the call it which means bugs.

hope this helps...

Hi!

I have seen this problem on Solaris and have narroved it down to problems with nsr.res file or index problems.
Try renaming the nsr.res file and restart the networker deamons. The nsr.res file contains networker config so renaming this file will resault in loss of config.

You can also run nsrd in debug mode.

Beware this creates a lot of output

from the command line type

nsrd -D3

you can also use -D2 0r -D1 this will give less output.

If you can capture this to a file you can find the problemin that file

Hi,

Check daemon.log at the time you start the daemons,it will hint you on the directions of the problem.

Normally it will mean problem with indexes structure - try running "nsrck -F" while Networker is shutdown. "Long live king Moshiach !"

It is dependig of the level of AIX, If as you say have 4.3, do you mean 4.3.3 ? If you mean 4.3.3 you must have the right Patchlevel for 4.3.3, for 5.5.3 it's 10, if you run 6.1.1, you have to have later than 4.3.3.24.

/Cia

I've had the same problem, but with a newer version on Legato. The answer provided by ulsj is what I used to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back