Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker client on ubuntu linux 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkuhlmann

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
DE
Hello there,

has anyone managed to install a networker client 7.4.x or even 7.5 on ubuntu linux?

I tried the linux package and got lots of dependencies including some X11 packages. Do I have to solve all the dependencies just for nsrexecd?

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
Heiko

youn can install the rpm package with --nodeps

Then the X11 dependencies are not checked, but you will miss the gui tools like nwrecover.

I had some tzrouble installing NW7.4 on debian distributions.
We could not make any server initiated backups but client initiated backups and of course restores were ok.

Hi a060463xyz!

Thanx for the --nodeps hint. We have the same problems with server initiated backups, that´s why I want to use the new client. Did you solve this issue? Perhaps I don´t have to upgrade to 7.4 .

Unfurtunately we didnot solve the Problem, we could live with the client initiated backup.
Every night a cronjob is backing up the server.

I installed Legato on an Ubuntu machine, but it has been a long time so I can't recall all the details. When I run nwrecover it shows a version of 6.1.3.Build.428, the tar file I used was called Legato4Linux.tar. The contents of the readme file says:

Run NWinstall to install on linux from here:)

Check for libcurses 4:

rpm -qa|grep -i curses

If you do not have ncurses 4 then install the rpm found in this folder:

rpm -i ncurses4-5.0-5.i386.rpm

I have the GUI working so it is possible with this version at least.

Hi @ll

I'm really interested in this discussion, does anybody know if EMC² is planning to support Ubuntu or even Debian based systems officially somewhen soon ?

cheers Till

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back