Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWorker 6.X HP-UX MC/SG cluster questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lor

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
CA
For NetWorker, save set value set to ALL means to backup all "local" filesystems.
"Local" filesystems seams to be whatever is in /etc/fstab.

In a MC/SG cluster environment package filesystems are NOT listed in /etc/fstab.

Is there another solution than to manually list all possible mount points ?

Would someone recommend a scripted solution to automatically modify nsr.res and other NetWorker configuration files ?

From Networker 6 on the client is "Cluster aware"
It knows when you are on a cluster and there you need a file /etc/cmcluster/.nsr_cluster which has the following entries:
Package:IP:Mountpoints

Example:
MachineA, MachineB, Package1, Package2

.nsr_cluster looks like this:
Package1:192.168.1.100:/PACKAGE1
Package2:192.168.1.101:/PACKAGE2

Then you have to create 4 clients:
MachineA
MachineB
PackageA
PackageB
Everywhere you could specify save set All
You will get 4 client indexes and networker will treat packages and physical clients like different machines.

Have a look at the documentation :)

Johanes

Well, this is the method I have been using on my clusters with at least 130 filesystems for distinct packages.

What I don't like is that I have to hardcode for NetWorker information already listed in cluster configuration files.

I was wondering if there is a better solution than hard coding filesystem mount points or at least a way to automatise it?

I guess not.
Can you confirm ?

NW does not really 'hard code' it - otherwise this needs to
be adjusted all the time.

As far as i remember, it just uses what is listed in the
mount table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back