Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukshug1

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
DE
Why does networker 6.1 ask for a reboot during the installation when other versions did not. Is there any way to stop this from happening

Thanks

Steve

Steve,
If you are using 6.1 you might run into some problems. We were told to not use the 6.1 cd and use the 6.0.1 cd instead. Also, are you running this on an NT or UNIX box.

BK

Any idea what problems, we are running on NT

Steve

I've run into an installation of 6.0.1 that wanted a reboot. BUT! That wasn't because NetWorker needed the reboot, but the Windows Installer. Beginning with 6.0 NetWorker uses the Win2k installer and if that isn't installed (which it probably isn't on an NT4) it will be installed first. And it needs a reboot...
This could be the reason why You need to reboot. If not, I'm curious to what it could be... :)

// Matts

It probably is due to the w2k installer but this happened on machines that have had 6.01 previously installed and did not require a reboot.

The install itself will ask for reboot but is not needed. When it asks to do a reboot just leave it on the screen and continue install. Then, just log out.
Not too sure what will happen from an NT level but you don't have to do it.
I hope that helps.

I have some knowledge of legato, I went to interview today.
the tech guy ask a lot of touch questions,
can somebody can help me those questions?

1. how legato handle the server crash?

diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back