Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked version of VFP app. Runtime error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMorris

Programmer
Jul 6, 2001
US
I usually do VFP apps in Visual FoxExpress, and I guess it take care of the following problem, which I'm sure has a simple solution, but it escapes me know.

My VFP app runs fine on the test system. When I network the app, i.e. make the test folder shareable on the net, and run the EXE from another PC, I get:

"c:\documents and settings\bob\desktop\parents.dbf can not be found".

Parents.dbf being the file, for this example, that I'm trying to open. This has happened on two nets.

How do I set the PATH or DEFAULT in the app to the folder the EXE is in, so networked apps can find the files. SET PATH and SET DEFAULT don't appear to be working, but I'll keep trying.

Bob Morris

Problem solved.

I changed the "Start In:" spec in the shortcut to the correct folder and the app works fine from a network!

Well duh...

Bob Morris

Bob,

For future reference, here's what I do:

SET DEFAULT TO JUSTPATH(SYS(16))

You can put that at the start of your main program. The advantage is that you don't need to do anything special on the end-user's system (such as editing the shortcut), and it also works just the same in the development environment.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back