Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked Norstars

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyec

Programmer
Jun 1, 2003
US
I have a customer with 2 norstars on 1 site. They are networked with DTI cards and a patch cable. They worked fine when they were at 1.0xc and 2.0xc. The 1.0xc started having the time lock up. So I upgraded to 6.0. Everything worked fine...as we thought. He is saying that the trunks he accesses across the DTI cards are locking up. Sounds like 1 at a time. Would this have anything to do with 6.0 locking lines when you external call fwd( A known problem with 6.0) or is the 6.0 incompatible with the 2.0xc? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Tye

I am pretty sure they are E&M. I didnt install this one originally.

Well standard networking practices dictate that you run the same version software on each KSU... And I'm fairly certain that would be Nortel's first recommendation to you, is to ensure both KSU's are running the same version software.

Also are you sure have the clocking right? If so, try reversing the clocking.

Are you actually call forwarding over the link? Or are you just using them as tie lines?

Do you have one set up ascending and the other descending?

All these could contribute to your 'locked channels', but since you have always had disimilar software, and have always had this problem, you may want to key in on that.

But as NG said, you really would need to double check all the settings on your link on both systems.

They are grabbing trunk line pools across the T-1.
One of the systems is maxed. So to add more lines he added another system and then they can hit a line pool code for the t-1 and then a line pool code for a trunk on the smaller system(2.0xc) They do make IC calls across the t-1
How do you set up the DTI cards for ascending or descending? There is no actual T-1 just a patch cable between systems. This would be no different thanconnecting a norstar to an meridian or other system via E&M. So I dont really see why software version whould come into play.

Tye

Hardware -> Show Module 2 -> Cards on KSU -> <select the DTI card> -> BchanSeq

There is some serious programming when going point to point the difference is you have it easy both switches are on the same site...

Trunk Programming

E&M
No ANI
No DNIS
Ans Mode Auto
Signal Wink

Hardware

One Side should be Timing MAster/ One side should be Secondary if they have separate T-1's Or Primary if the remote has no T-1's, Discon Timer should be the Same, I/f Levels should be PSTN, Framing ESF, Line Coding B8Zs Both Sides, apparently someone already set up the routes and remote access, and target lines, so generally I would replace the cable if this does not work and check the network event log for errors.Check the Tie T-1's for error lights also.

Norstarguru

With dnis turned off will you still be able to send and receive digits for Intercom calls?

Sure, the digits are processed because of being auto answered by the system and presented as target lines from the E&M trunks. Norstarguru is correct with his list for trunk programming.

MarvO said it

Marv01,

What about the CallerID digits being passed across the span? How do you get those to go across when DNIS is N?

I thought I read that somneone figured it out but I cant seem to get it to work!

Thanks,
Harold

The T-1 cards are still locking up. Here are the errors in the netwoek log.
41-0
42-0
44-0
Evt 323-00
325-00
328-00
329-00
330-00
336-00

Does the T-1 card need to be a certain release to work with 6.0. T-1 version NT7B74GA-93.

I heard that I might need to turn the CSU off. Where in programming is that.

ALARMS
41- The long term alarm threshold has been surpassed in the
DTI for the detection of Loss of Signal.

42- The long term alarm threshold has been surpassed in the
DTI for the detection of Loss of Frame.

43- The long term alarm threshold has been surpassed in the
DTI for the detection of Alarm Indication Signal.

44- The long term alarm threshold has been surpassed in the
DTI for the detection of Remote Alarm Indication.

Action
Most likely an irregularity with the PSTN connections. Check the logs and look for events ranging from 315-336. If this alarm occurs more than once over a two-week period,
contact your local support group.

Event
329- Short term alarm threshold has been surpassed in the
DTI cartridge for the detection of Loss of Signal.

330- Short term alarm threshold has been surpassed in the
DTI cartridge for the detection of Loss of Frame.

Action
Most likely an irregularity with the PSTN connections. If this event occurs more than once over a two-week period,
contact your local support group.

Event
336- The long-term alarm has cleared in the DTI cartridge.

No action required.

Check your patch cable, if you make a new one remember to reverse the pairs.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back