Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked IP406 running 4.0.7 and 4.0.18 VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDTECK

Technical User
Oct 24, 2007
I have two IP406 running 4.0.7 with VM PRO running 4.0.18 centralized. All calls come into the main site and are funneled through the Auto Attendant. All calls for the remote location also hit the auto attendant at the main site and come across the Point to Point to the remote location. All outbound calls from the remote site go over the PTP and out over the PRI's in the main location. The problems I'm having are only showing up at the remote site and they are as follows:
1. Sometimes a user will see a call come through with the caller ID on the display and they will pick up and noboddy is there.

2. Sometimes a user will go to make a call and the display will read no line available.

I'm not sure if they are related. I have checked the VCM status bar and they are not over used by any means and there has never been a VCM alarm to date. I have also had some phones go out completely and I reboot and they come back up. I going to replace the 30 port module seeing as the extensions where this problem occurred resided on that 30 module. I wondering if the defect of the 30 module is causing my listed problems above. Take note that the problems I listed above are NOT occuring on the extensions connected to the 30 module. Could it be possible that faulty 30 module is effecting the 406 base unit? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

The DS 30 issue may be related to other people who have posted on here who have not used the intermediate to upgrade the DS Module, before going to version 4.

Also I have also seen issues where a TFTP server has not been set and the DS phones have not upgraded there firmware correctly.

Any ways issue 1&2 seem to be the symptom of the same thing. Almost like the line is cutting out.
Now if this is not on the main site it must be related to how the link is setup or the actual link its self.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

thanks for the input I will run the monitor on the circuit and also check with the provider.

Thanks

check your ars
no line means that it does not go to the pri
maybe an unused bri port with the same line id as the other bri ports ???

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back