Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked Access database set to "read only"

Status
Not open for further replies.

9star

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
US
Someone on our network has set an Access database (on a server) to "read only" when it previously was not and locked everyone out from writing to the database. Is there a way to find the computer (person) who has the database set to "read only".
Thx

Theres nothing in Access that would store something ofthis nature, so I think you are out of luck there.

I would suggest possibly posting this message on another TekTips forum to do with Networking, who might be able to offer you some advice whether it is possible to follow some sort of audit trail that can point you to the offender.

Regards,
John

This probably won't work but you can give it a shot. If you go to file via explorer and right click on it and choose properties, see if the read only box is checked and then uncheck it.

Like I said, I can't say that this will work but I guess it is worth a shot.

Good Luck,

OnTheFly

OnTheFly,

I think with this post, 9star is implying that he would prefer advice on how to find out how he can discover the person that changed the read only status (rather than how to change it back) - any suggestions?

Regards,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back