Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NETWORKDAYS FUNCTION RETURNS #NAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annelies

Programmer
Nov 25, 2001
Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that uses the NETWORKDAYS function, which is part of the Analysis Toolpak (ATP). This spreadsheet is used extensively through our department, by a large number of people.

I have started receiving an increasing number of complaints that instead of the function returning a numerical value (as it is supposed to) it just shows a "#NAME?" error.

I know that this happens when the ATP is not installed, however there is some code in the workbook that checks whether the ATP is installed, and if it is not then my code automatically installs it. Between this and manually checking when troubleshooting the problem, I can confirm that the ATP is installed correctly.

If I double click on the formula, and then press enter, the formula will calculate correctly. However, I require a more sturdy solution than a formula that people have to double click to get working!

I have checked the formatting of the cells that the function uses, and can see no problems there - both are formatted as valid dates.

This is also not a problem of Excel manually calculating its formulas - I've checked and the workbook is set to automatically calculate.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Any help would be *very* much appreciated!

Thanks

Annelies

This could be a conflict between Excel versions. Do all of the users have the same version of Excel, and is that version the same as the one that the spreadsheet was developed under?

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Hi Glenn

All users should have Excel 2003 (which the spreadsheet was created in).

I now suspect that this has something to do with the ATP - VBA module not installing properly. I need to do some more testing on Monday, but a user who reported this problem yesterday did not have the ATP installed - and when the code that installs it automatically tried to run, it threw an error. Does anyone know why the ATP might not be able to install via code?

Annelies

You might want to repost this query under the VBA forum, and post the code you are using to install the ATP.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back