Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network won't restore at start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

billwrs

Technical User
Aug 2, 2001
US
I just installed win xp pro sp1 upgrade cd (clean install). When I start xp the network won't connect. If I uninstall then reinstall my linksys 10/100 tx nic even without restarting it works. This sounds like a driver issue so I downloaded and installed current driver from linksys. I had to use win 98 driver because no xp folder was on the disk it made. It does this with downloaded and xp drivers. I'm lost and annoyed, please help.

Thanks, Bill

Using static IP address or DHCP? If you do a IPCONFIG what does it tell you. Can you ping anything? Can you ping the loopback? (ping 127.0.0.1)

Thanks for responding. I am useing static ip adressing, and it pings 127.0.0.1 fine, 4 sent 4 recieved. Any other computer on my network(the name is right), all failed, 4 send, 0 recieved. what did you want from ip config? all gateway and ip info is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back