Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

network trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkid913

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
US
I'm trying to get my network up and running and I have 3 computers. 2 running xp pro are wired through my d-link router and are up and working. However, the other computer is running xp home SP2 and is wireless, and I can't get it up. They are have Client for microsoft, file and printer sharing, and tcp/ip installed. From this computer, which is wired to the router, or the other wired computer, I can see the wireless computer entitled "Mom" from my workgroup, but when I go to open it it says not accessible and might not have permissions. When I try to open the work group on the wireless PC, it says the same thing.

Anyone who can help?

XP Home is a shocker..

1) setup the administrator account password same in 3 computers and logon to 3 computer with the administrator account.

2) make sure they are in same ip range and subnet mask.
(ex. 192.168.0.1)

3) make sure they are in same workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back