Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network-to-Network connection via VPN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyf

Vendor
Dec 1, 2004
CZ
Hi,

I am absolutely new to the VPN stuff!

I would like to connect two networks via internet. The main purpose is to play the games over such a VPN like when we would be on LAN.

We do not have any routers. We just have PC running W2k Pro with firewall on both sides.

We would like to build a VPN based on software. We would not like to buy any routers or additional HW.

Please tell me if this is somehow possible. If it is not possible please propose what shall we change in order to make it work!

Thanks for any help!

ReyF.

Thank you for the link to the document! It is very nice but it describes the situation when the computers which are doing interface between internet and LAN are running Windows 2003 Server. I have only Windows 2000 Pro!

Is there e.g. some kind of software I can install on my W2k Pro WS which would be working as a VPN router? Which would substitute Windows 2003 Server?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back