Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Switch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlerg1

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
US
Does anyone have any "best practice" or helpful solutions on how I should setup a number of switches for my company.

We have several switches, thrown together with no thought, they are an HP Procurve 4000M 40 port switch, an HP 2524 24 port switch, and 2 hp 2524 24 port switches., and have to connect 35 users to 10 servers. I am looking for any suggestion on how to place them using 100/1000-T transceivers (This seems to be the best way to connect all of them together, I think..) so I can get some type of load balancing. If anyone has any suggestion it would be appreciated.

I think as long as you have the best Switch as the backbone it should be fine. Just make sure you even out the load on each of the other switches. You don't want to have 24 users having to go through one port on the backbone switch. A+
Network+
Server+
I-Net+
MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back