Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network+ study material? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2002
I'm interested in going after the Network+ certification but I would like to invest in some worthwhile, comprehensive study materials. Can anyone recommend any specific books or videos of this nature? I would rather not purchase books/videos that only halfway prepare me for the exam...

Thanks!

I'm almost finished with Michael Myers's Net+ book and have found it very useful & comprehensive. Others would tell you that Sybex is better - I guess I'll find out when I take the test here shortly!

<?legalstuff
The above is my opinion only and should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.
?>

David Groth has the finest study guide available. Previous editions are the gold standard for passing Network+. Todd Lammle is superior author known for his many Cisco books. You can't go wrong with this one. Mike Myers All-in-One book for A+ is very good but his other books leave something to desire. Go with Groth. Trust me on this one.

Here is a link to the latest edition due to hit the streets any day.

Network+™ Study Guide, Deluxe Edition
By David Groth; Todd Lammle; William Tedder
List Price: US $79.99 | Can $127.95 | UK £59.99
Not yet in stock
June 2003 | 1st edition | 624 pages | Hardcover | 2 CDs | Trimsize: 7.5 x 9&quot;
ISBN: 0-7821-4275-3 | EAN: | UPC: 0252-11-442753

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out...

By the way...any pros or cons that you know of with Transcender material?

Thanks!

Transcenders is too expensive and not necessary to study for Network+. There is just way too much stuff available for free.

I'm in the same boat..what are the top study ( free sites )
to look at?

It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies.&quot;

I am almost finished with A+ and want to jump right in to Net+...I really studied hard for approximately 2 solid weeks for the A+ and thought it was rather easy....should I expect the same from Net+ or do yall recommend spending a little more time on this one?

net+ is not adaptive so it covers a lot of ground. I would go ahead and spend the time and over study. Cover the objectives real well and the OSI, in particular.

Use the above links for online free practice tests.

Good Luck!

Well, the company is cracking down. I have to get the Net+ cert. Are the study links above current. I took a networking class in university, have one book in Network+ that was issued in Dec, 2002. Usable in my studies? How current is the test? Is is super hard or something I can accomplish within ... 4 months?

The posted objectives are dated 6/01. A revision doesn't necessarily require a re-vamping of the objectives. Sometimes they shuffle around the weighting of the objectives, they might add or delete a couple of questions. Bottom line is they didn't alter the objectives.

b]google[/b]

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Mike Meyers Passport series books are great. Especially if you just need a refresher. However, I found the material in the passport books a great compliment to the Sybex and Microsoft Press books.

Ya know. I just used the Network + for dummies book as my study guide along with some free online practice tests. If you do network administration/engineering or have some basic networking knowledge, This book will do you well. I covers all the topics in enough detail so you understand all the conepts and theories. The test itself I found to be pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back