Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Software Deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallen

Technical User
Dec 22, 2000
US
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I was wondering if somebody in here could give me some info on this software, my company might be using. It is the Imagecast IC3, I wanted to find out if anybody had any experience with this software, or have heard of any reviews about the software. Thank you in advance.

I haven't tried the software but my initial impression was that it might be a bit expensive for a cloning tool. It doesn't appear to assist in the deployment of individual applications.
VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com

My company uses Imagecast IC3 purely for imaging PCs. A comparable program would be Ghost. Of the two I prefer Ghost. Neither Ghost or Imagecast will deploy individual applications. For that you should look at Wise Install Master, LANDesk, SMS, Tivoli or ZenWorks.

Try using the Image Cast demo version if you're using it for individual use. It retains most of the core function.

I'm not sure if other programs have demo versions, but Image Cast is the only one I know for sure.

mr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back