Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Readiness Assessment 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgonzales

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
US
I need some recommendations on what tools (software, hardware) and guidelines are needed to complete a Network Assessment.

I would like to know from those of you doing these type of assessments what tools are needed and what Avaya checklist you are following.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Basicaly experence with VoIP comes form experence.

Your best be would be to get your hands on the AVAYA / IP Office recommended VoiP Testing Software. This I understand is still in the testing process but you may be able to get a copy to Test. I Highly recommend it.
Below is there sales spill

NetAlly VoIP is a software-based distributed active system that is capable of the following:
Readiness evaluation – NetAlly VoIP determines quickly and automaticallythe network readiness for VoIP. It is capable of reaching remote locationsand performing end-to-end testing in a short time and without the need
for dispatching technicians or test tools to remote locations.

Application effects – NetAlly VoIP generates application traffic to test how applications affect voice traffic and vice versa.

Troubleshooting – NetAlly VoIP identifies and resolves application and service related readiness problems across the entire IP network. The problem identification and analysis are accomplished from a single
location.

Hope this helps

ipo.gif

MRIPO

I am looking for some clarity, is the Viola software the same software that Avaya is looking to implment or is the Viola software a suggested software that you have had good experiences with?

I have been trying to get the Avaya Expertnet Discovery tool software and am wondering is this is the same thing.

THANKS for the software TIP. You dont have any ball park costs for the viola software as it is exactly what I am loking for as well.

Regards,

Peter Reilly

We recently purchased the NetAlly VOIP software, we evaluated the major vendors out there and found it to have the most benefits for Assessment software specifically for VOIP. You will have to spend some $$ though you'll be looking at over $20k for the software, but well worth if if you ask me. We're making an assessment mandatory for any VOIP solution.

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back