Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

network printing to a 5000n

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslearning25

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
CA
We have a 5000n that has a print server built into it. I have loaded the JetDirect software on our NT4.0 server, and added the printer on the server, then shared it out. From the workstation side of things, I have installed this printer by browsing network neighbourhood to find the NT4.0 server and right clicking on the printer and chossing 'install'.

It seems that more than usual ( not sure what the norm should be, maybe someone can asist with this )spool32 errors are becoming more present lately than before. I can't say extacly how many because not all are reported to me.

These erorrs are not consistant, nor can they be recreated. The users print mostly out of excel/autocad/word/outlook.

Any insight would be appriciated. Thanks in advance,

have you used the newer version of WebJetAdmin to set up your printer? I work with it exclusively in our office because it helps me configure the printer no matter where I am on the LAN.
Had alot of trouble using NT 4 for printer administration. I recommend moving to Win 2000 or XP Pro if possible. Things just flat out run better. Also check into the latest drivers for the 5000N. It can cause grief if you have workstations running Win2K or XP and stations running Win98 or 95. They don't get along very well when it comes time to working with network resources.

I'm working on moving to a Win2000 based server and WinXP Pro clients.

I have recently upgraded the memory in the printer from 20mb to 160mb, which should solve the large batch printing problem.

I'll let you know if it helps.

Have a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back