Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network path not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

krs0824

Technical User
Mar 23, 2002
US
I have had a win2k machine drop out of the domain. Other machines in the domain operate fine. The network is using DHCP supplied by a router from a provider.When trying to add an entirely new machine to the domain I get the dreaded "network path not found." I copied the lmhost file from one of the computers that will join the domain. So now I have two machines that can't join the domain - the new one and the one that dropped off.
Thanks,
Ken

Are you on a Win2K domain? If so check that your AD domain controller IP address is the first one in the PC's DNS search order. AND PLEASE get rid of the LMHOST file (rename it to .trash or something so that the PC doesn't use it at all).

[bigears]

I put the server's IP in as the first in the DNS order but when I do that it will no longer browse the net. Apparently the DC is not forwarding the DNS request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back