Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network outage call flood 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricHaugen

Systems Engineer
Sep 27, 2019
US
Today we got a blast of calls from seemingly every other employee in my organization when the Spectrum outage happened at about 12:40CST.

What would be the best way to quickly have a message loaded up and play that would notify the users that the 'I.T. department is aware of the issue and working to resolve it ASAP, stay on the line if you need to report anything else'.

I was thinking have it ready on a feature key but how in voicemail pro to best accomplish it?

I did a similar setup for a customer using a VM Pro module that checks the service of a hunt group. Someone in IT presses a button that is labelled 'IT Outage'. That puts a group (used only for routing purposes) into an out of service state. The IT call flow in VM Pro checks the status of that group and if the group is OOS, plays a message that they can re-record as needed. If that group is not in OOS, the normal call flow applies.

I did that a while ago and don't have access to that system without jumping through flaming hoops, but I believe the framework was in the documentation Kyle Holliday put together many years back. I don't recall what site those instructions were ultimately moved to after Kyle passed away, but someone here will most likely chime in on where to find it.

Edit - found it in my bookmarks. I don't remember if this is the exact one I used, but the concept is the same.

More tips can be found here, thanks to the folks at Atcom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back